[bct] voice recordings made with the computer

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:41:44 -0600

Hi,

For some reason when I make voice recordings on the computer, they're
in mono even if I have the recording program set to stereo. If I try
using the binaural microphones in the computer, only one microphone
does the recording. I had it plugged into microphone, and so I thought
plugging them into stereo mics might do the trick, but all that does
is record from my sound card. I guess it's not a big deal since I can
just use the digital recorder for stereo recordings, but I'm wondering
if there is a setting somewhere that I need to change so that the
microphone input records in both channels? Can't find one in
multimedia. I'm using windows 2000. Any ideas?

Pam