[bct] varying speeds during playback

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:46:16 -0600

Well I'm working on my podcast, or in my case, poodlecast, and I've
noticed something when playing it back. I am using the Olympus ds-2,
and every now and then throughout the recording, a phrase here and
there will slow down a bit. If the batteries are getting low does the
bitrate vary during recording or something causing this? I remember
with cassette recorders, speeds would vary to some extent depending on
how fast the tape was spinning, but never thought there would be a
similar problem with digital recordings.