[bct] Re: to those of you using feedburner

  • From: Megan Kelly <mek55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:51:40 -0500

Hi Ray,
I use feedburner in conjunction with ourmedia. I upload the files to ourmedia, and then link to them with a livejournal. Feedburner checks the livejournal address for the new podcasts.

HTH,
Megan

At 09:50 PM 2/20/2006, you wrote:
Hi,

    To those of you using feedburner, I am now in search of another hoast
other than gcast.  Here's the reason.  I just tried several times to upload
a podcast which is encoded at 128Kbps at 44.1 sampling rate and it's about
one hour long.  I just cannot get the file up to the server using the
interface provided by gcast with the upload audio link.  It almost seems
like they have a limit on file size or something.  Sure, I suppose I could
chop the file up in to small pieces and put the pieces up one at a time and
then compile everything back in to one play list; but honestly, that's too
much work, especially after I've gone through a lengthy editing process to
put this together.  So, as a consequence, I am now contimplating just using
Web Driver to get this up to the Blind Cool Tech podcast and taking my own
podcast down until I can get another hoast where I can just put this stuff
up there with out consideration to file size limitations; excepting of
course going over what ever plan I choose.  Right now, I'm kind of looking
at
www.podbuss.com
for my hoasting needs, but, I am really not sure.  Now, let's say I find a
hoast with a plan I like.  How do I get Feedburner to latch on to it and put
out my podcast?  Obviously, as someone else here said, just uploading the
files seems not to be enough; so, can anybody out there using feedburner
point me to material I can read and study or otherwise help!

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray
Home phone and fax: