[bct] to reveal or not reveal?

  • From: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:36:56 +1100

Stephen,

you should not post this. You actually have no proof this is the ip
address or domain this person is using. As has been pointed out on
this list already, it is trivial to fake mail headers, plus if you
were even just a little bit smart, you would be using either an open
relay mail server or possibly a system you have hacked an account on.

Looking at thename used here - loadbalance1 is very likely to be one
of a cluster or load balanced set of servers at either a business or
ISP.

In thort, this information doesn't prove anything and certainly
doesn't identify anyone. However, we could send an e-mai to abuse at
that domain and inform them what has been going on and possibly they
will tighten up their security.

Tim