[bct] Re: thoughts on blind people meeting other blind people

  • From: "Sabrina Markel" <louisiana-rain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:11:51 -0500

Hi Mary,
I've noticed that people are like that even here online on chat or instant
messenger programs.  I have more to do than to sit here at the computer and
listen to someone whining, thinking I'll give them a pity party.  People are so
rude these days and have no respect for anyone whatsoever.  You try to be nice
but they just give you a mental slap in the face and curse you and everything
else.  I certainly don't want people to feel sorry for me because I'm blind,
that's not me.
I've suffered from severe depression every since I was in high school but I
never could stand someone pitying me.