[bct] Re: thoughts on blind people meeting other blind people

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 01:18:56 -0600

Hi Mary:
Yes, I do have a couple of thoughts on this issue.  One of the most ridiculous
stereotypes I deal with here in the south is that as blind people, we all
either already do, or should know each other.  I am ask constantly by sighted
folks if I know this or that person.  It gets so irritating sometimes that
once, here I go with my smart mouth again, I responded by saying, yes, we are
all connected together on a telepathic blindernet and we all talk to each other
in our sleep instead of dreaming because we can't see.  O K guys, give me a
break on this one, I have already admitted and owned my smart mouth.  Also, in
these days, I will not stop to speak with someone if I am walking , regardless
of who it is, unless I know them.  Hope this helps you feel better about what
you did, I'd do the same thing.