[bct] Re: thoughts on blind people meeting other blind people

  • From: "Lynnette" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:22:45 -0500

Hi Mary,
The list has become so busy, it's almost impossible for me to keep up, but I
did want to share my thoughts on a couple of the topics you raised in this

Last year someone stopped my friend and I to be introduced to a young man who
was blind.  Well, we were coming back from picking up some things for a party
and really didn't have the time, but we did stop to chat a bit.  I met the
young man a few months later and he seemed to be in the same situation.  This
time Maria and I offered his father some numbers and went on our way, hoping
that he and his family will somehow get it together.
It was, nonetheless, an interesting encounter.

Here's a piece I wrote a few years ago on the subject.  I could have just as
easily written it today.

Hope all's going well.