[bct] Re: thermostat trama

  • From: "Mike Justice" <m.d.justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:27:55 -0500

FREE alternative where available: low vision/tactual, manual thermostat.
---------- In 1999 while a contractor was installing a replacement air conditioner in
our home, I asked the service technician about a tactual thermostat. He
said I could save the expense of purchase and installation by contacting my
local gas company (Columbia Gas of Ohio in my case), and they would supply
and install a tactual thermostat free, for a qualified resident. The
thermostat has large raised numerals 5, 6, 7, 8 (for 50, 60, 70, 80), raised
lines for two degree increments, and as the dial moves it has notches at the
two degree increments. The room temperature thermometer must be read
visually, but the thermostat is accurate in control for the selected
temperature. There is no program feature for day/night set-back, but the
basic functions
are very reliable.

Mike Justice,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy W" <judyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>