[bct] Re: thermostat trama

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:43:12 -0800

Good morning Mike and everyone,

The thermostats in my apartment complex are the old-fashioned dial types; when I moved here, I had someone put scotch tape at the ten-degree marks. I had a new thermostat installed in my living room a couple years ago and the ten-degree marks aren't exactly raised but they feel like they are engraved, so if I want 65, for example, I just move the dial to a point between the 6 and 7. The dials have a single dot where the pointer is (except the older thermostats have a piece of tape there.) Very simple, very old-fashioned, but very preferable. Each room has its own thermostat so I can control the temperature based on whether or not I plan to be in that room. Of course this is only two bedrooms and a living room/kitchen. Bathroom doesn't even have a thermostat, go figure! But I'm used to it.

Mary