[bct] Re: thermostat trama

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:05:00 -0600

Judy, I'm afraid the only thing I can offer at the moment is my
sympathy.  It is too bad you had such an unpleasant, expensive
experience.  Of course, you might have a defective unit, but getting
another unit and spending more money to have it installed would be
worse.  However, one thing you might try is to send back the thermostat
and see if it is defective.  If it is, you could ask the place from
which you purchased it to refund the money you paid to have it
installed.  I don't imagine they would be willing to do this, but who
knows.  Even if they say it is not defective, it is obviously a product
you cannot use through no fault of your own.  And if they don't give you
satisfaction, you simply write this up and send it to the better
business bureau.  This may not result in your getting your money back,
but they would then have a record of this problem and it might prevent
someone else from being a future victim.  People need to know if this is
a product they can trust.  In your case, the answer is a resounding
"No."  Again, I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience.