[bct] talent show

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:57:13 -0800

Hi all,

I suppose people have already commented on this; I am late with e-mail today
and probably will be for the next few days, due to a rather large project of
converting video files to MP3 files which is taking a lot of time. But, I did
want to thank Neal for a wonderful job with the talent show, and thanks to all
the incredibly talented people involved with BCT! I haven't got a clue who the
mystery guest is, but it sounded to me like those were bongo drums. I haven't
read any e-mail yet, but since I read it as it was written, maybe somebody has
already solved the mystery. The drumming sounded very Caribean or African to
me, and maybe even a bit like the south Pacific, but since I don't know a lot
about that type of music, my guess is probably wrong. In fact, the talent show
is a great way to hear music that's different from what we usually hear; the
poetry was great, and I could really relate to the Rubik's cube poem; I might
still have one around here. Megan's poetry was lovely, and Kai's was so
incredible with all the sounds, and I know there were other poems which I am
definitely forgetting. Cindy, your song reminds me of music my church used to
sing. Hope, I am glad you chose the song you did, with all those lovely nature
sounds. The jazz was remarkable because of its diversity and variety; Lynnette,
you and Maria were wonderful and your voices blend so well, and I really
enjoyed the song. I know I've forgotten somebody, and I don't intend to leave
anyone out; let me just say the talent was terrific and all the intros helped
put voices to the e-mails we read every day. Thanks to all the talented people
who made the show such an incredible experience to listen to!
Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss