[bct] Re: subsection markers in Bookport

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:43:30 -0700

APH does have Book Wizard Producer in beta which creates Daisy books.
That's how we make the documentation that is on the Book Port itself.

<Confused> I looked at the manual for the Book Wizard Producer which is in beta, and it looks to be audio-exclusive. Isn't the Book Port Users Manual on the Book Port itself a text document?

We are looking at ways to add sub-section markers for plain text

I eagerly await those ways. <Grin>

That Book Port is an amazing machine.

I play roleplaying games, and if I wanted to use a published adventure to work from, I always had to Braille all my notes by hand, which could be pages and pages, upwards of thirty or forty depending on how many characters were in the story, how much text there was to read aloud, and how many notes there were about what to do if your players had their characters do A instead of B, etc. Point is, with Book Port, I can just have the game's rulebook and the published adventure in separate files, and just read the read-aloud portions along with the speech synthesizer in my ear. Now, if only there was a manufacturer who made tactile-friendly gaming dice! (4-sided, 10-sided, 12-sided, 8-sided, and the ever-popular 20-sider...)

But that's a topic for another time.