[bct] Re: submission

  • From: "Clay Jeffcoat" <cjeffcoat2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:44:35 -0500

Hi Jeremiah,

Ok, Omega may still sell the meter, but here is something interesting.  They
say it's no longer available and then later it states in the site that this
product is not intended to be used by the visually impaired.  Such use could
result in injury or something like that.  I got this info from an article
that I read when doing the research on where you could still buy the thing.
I verified what the article says and it is correct.

The article is located at

read/message.html?mid=1718851987&sort=d&start=405 - 29k -

I wonder if we could all sign this guys statement even if we are not
interested in using it just to make Omega wake up and smell the coffee.
That's like saying that a blind person couldn't buy a drill from Lowes
because they might drill through their finger.  Well duh, but they'd be at
fault, not the company who made the drill or the company who sold the drill.
RRRRR  I'm glad I got mine before all of this.