[bct] street crossings

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:00:04 -0800

Well, I'm not suffering from any hearing loss that I know of, and *I* can't cross streets, or even walk for that matter, in a straight line. I don't know why, but I always veer, usually to the right, even if it feels to me like I'm walking straight.

It got to the point that my mobility instructor *insisted* I get a dog, because she felt the dog would help keep me straight. And for the most part, he did. I figured when I started using a cane again I'd be able to retain the straightness, after walking with Boomer for so long ... but such was not to be.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Jackson" <jack728@xxxxxxxxx>