[bct] Re: streaming internet radio

  • From: "Maria L" <raynbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:08:10 -0500

To fix some of this information.
You can get a Shoutcast server for free, and configuring it is not too hard as all the lines in the config file have comments explaining what it means.
The Sam encoders are also free unless you'll be streaming for four hours or more, then you do have to pay.
As for setting up your own station, that does cost money but a lot of places will give you a place to do it with. If you're just using the Shoutcast server for testing though, I think you'll be OK.
I set up a test server a couple of years ago so I don't mind helping out if someone needs me to help them set up.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Matzura" <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>