[bct] Re: streaming internet radio

  • From: Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:56:04 -0400

On Mon, 15 May 2006 09:55:29 -0500, you wrote:

>A few problems.  those directions seem to only work if you are using
>Live365.  I just want to run my own server so I don't know what to use for
>the password and such.  Also, my shoucast DSP plugin does not seem to show
>up in my system tray.

OK, if you want to run your own server, then get a copy of Icecast.
You can find it through the Winamp site or just Google around for
it--eventually you'll come back to the Winamp site anyway.  It's very
easy to set up. In fact, I think with the full install of Winamp, it
comes with it.

Re the Shoutcast plugin, that's something we'll have to do a little
more investigation on.  After you installed it, what did you do then?