[bct] Re: stereo microphone recommendation

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:24:15 -0600

I think Dan's suggestions are probably the ones I would suggest also.
They are in the $300 to $400 price range, and believe me, you can go way
up from there.  But I don't know of any that cost less that are as good.
However, there are a lot of cheep mikes flooding the market now.  I will
be doing a podcast next week on 3 Behrenger mikes that are supposed to
be nearly as good as the Neumann TLM103 which Dan and I have.  But,
instead of costing $850, the one closest to the Neumann in design is
$99.  So, it makes sense that someone is probably making some good
single point stereo mikes at this point as well.  I need to go research
this for a project I am working on, so I'll make it a priority.  You
might search for Behrenger mikes and single point stereo to see if them
make one.  Or, you could simply do a google search on single point
stereo mikes and see what you come up with.

Neal