[bct] Re: staying busy

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:46:02 -0500

Mary, there is defoinitely an effect from the magnetic mattress pads and shoe inserts, and other magnets used on certain pressure points. Though I dispise multilevel marketing companies with a pink and purple passion, the magnets sold by Nikken are of very good quality. I wonder if there is another source that offers them at lower prices as that company truly rips people up, down and sideways for their magnets.

The iron in the blood is compounded as hemoglobin, which is not magnetically reactive, but the em fields put out by magnets have effects that are subtle and not well understood. I use magnetic shoe insoles and have used very powerful samrium/cobolt magnets for sprains and pulled tendons to good effect.

The Bach flower essences are effective. Probably the best known is the Rescue Remedy, a blend of five of the essences. It is quite useful and works well on infants and animals under stress, so the placebo effect is not in play.

It is interesting how different people react differently to various holistic techniques. I have done a lot of work as a homeopath, but it does not work on me. Reike does not work on me, either, but accupuncture, accupressure and other techniques do. The human body is an incredibly complex machine and the subtle energy forms have different effects on different people.

In one Star Trek Next Gen episode, Wesley Crusher is carrying a superconducting magnet and a teen girl alien in human form he is besotted with tells him it can pull the iron out of his blood. I rather think not, but it sounded good.

Dan