[bct] Re: soundforge help?

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:10:38 -0600

Adam, I use the pro version but I think the answer will be the same.
You can set marks in Sound Forge by pressing the "M" key when your
cursor is at the position you want to set as a mark.  Thus, you would
set a mark at the beginning of the part of the file you wanted to
delete, then set one at the end of the section.  Now, when you are at
the mark at the end of the section you can press Control left arrow to
to the one you set at the beginning, simply press the shift key along
with the control and left arrow keys and the entire section of the
file between the marks will then be selected.  Now, simply press
Control X to delete the portion of the file between the marks.  You
can now press Control K to hear the way the two parts of the file
sound when they are joined without the part you deleted.

I hope this helps.