[bct] Re: sorry, I didn't understand you

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:49:32 -0600

Once I got one of those things that said, I am an automated real person.
please tell me what you need.  Speak very slowly.  Obviously this was a
speech input device.  So, after a few futile attempts to make it
understand me, I began to tell it a story.  It kept saying it couldn't
understand me.  Finally, the phone rang as it was being transferred to a
real person.  He did give me a shock when he said, "Boy the things you
said to our automated answering person really came through very clearly
on the screen in front of me.  I did have the presence of mind to ask
him if he liked the story, and then I hung up.