[bct] Re: snow casts

  • From: Megan Kelly <mek55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:41:53 -0500

Hi Mary,
Glad you enjoyed it. I bet you guys had a lot more snow in the mountains than I had, but it was still a challenge to walk in!
Megan, who is off to attempt to catch up on email
At 03:12 AM 2/14/2006, you wrote:

Hi list,

Thanks for all the great snow casts! You in New York have had to battle the elements! My goodness! Megan, yours reminded me of one Christmas when I was in college; we went up to my parents' cabin in the mountains, about 3300 feet up, and snow covered everything. My dad and I took a walk through the woods and he told me about the snow when he was growing up in Wisconsin. We experienced some of the fun of it too, where you would step on what you thought was hard, but then the top cracked and you were suddenly in a puddle a foot deep! I don't know a lot about snow, and one time at Dodge Ridge the snow was up to our knees; other people could walk in it, but not me! I couldn't keep my balance at all. I have no idea how people manage to walk in that stuff. It was wet and heavy and hard to deal with.

Good thing the sidewalks in New York City were cleared off too!

We're in for more winter weather in the next day or so. In a way, I welcome it; it's been unseasonably warm in the past week.