[bct] sleep

  • From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:11:01 -0800

I am totally blind.  I had some sight in one eye until just before school
age.  I've noticed over the years  that because of not being directly
affected by the day/night light/dark cycle,  it is easy for me to turn days
and nights around.  This is especially so if, for a time, I don't have a
necessary schedule of daytime activities.  Sometimes this can be useful and
fun.  But then comes a period of time when I must be active with other
normally day/night observing people.  I have found that using melatonin
helps to reset your circadian rhythm, sotospeak.  Before we had that, when I
was in college and had to be up for early classes, after being off schedule
for awhile,  I would find and take some over the counter sleeping pill, just
for a week or so to regulate myself to a more or less normal day/night
cycle.  I never abused these.  I've always had a healthy respect for taking
such things. Just some interesting observations.
Lois Goodine.