[bct] Re: skype

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:22:24 -0800

Mika and list,,

When I invoke Skype 2 with the scripts from jfwlite, they seem to work; at
least when I do insert-h I get the information from the scripts. So for now am
keeping them. Similarly, I still use the Jaws 5 scripts for Easy CD Creator
with Jaws 7 and they still work fine, so I don't think these software updates
change the interface very much. There are exceptions of course; for example, if
you needed to migrate from Creator 5 to Creator 6, you'd have to get some new
scripts, but that's not always true. Some of the programs I worked with at IBM
hadn't changed their interface in 15 years and I could still use the same old
Jaws scripts (for Jaws 3.3, believe it or not) with new versions of the IBM
software because the interface didn't change; the only difference was that with
later versions of Jaws, the scripts had to be re-compiled but that wasn't a big
deal.

I'm just logging on and off Skype briefly to add contacts since I don't have a
clue what to do with it yet. I've gotten some nice welcome messages; folks, I
am not ignoring you; I just am in confusion mode for a while longer. Thanks for
the welcomes but I don't know yet how to answer you.

Mary