[bct] routers

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:11:15 -0800

Jeff and everyone,

Your post reminds me of trouble I had with a router that wasn't set up correctly; I had one that wouldn't allow me to use port 23, which I needed for Telnet to access my employer's Intranet so I could work from home via telnet 3270 to get to the office main frames. I struggled with that router and finally got so frustrated I went back to my preferred brand, which is Netopia. I love the Netopia 3346 and previous to that, the 3546. The 3346 has a hardware firewall and great security features and is easy to set up. The one I had an awful time with was a D-Link. It kept setting things back to the default and one time I couldn't get into its web site to reset some things. I think I finally ditched it in frustration.