[bct] Re: router firewall?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:53:52 -0400

I use a Linksys router which, while not having firewall software or
firmware, presents a fake address to the net so that penetration is
virtually impossible. I've used this device for over six years, have never
had a penetration, and it has passed every test that's been thrown against
it from the outside. Experts in the field of computer security have told me
that my system is penetration-proof, so I'm happy with my setup as it
stands.