[bct] Re: router firewall?

  • From: "TrueBlue" <w.ingles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:04:44 +0100

Sean, thanks for this.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Randall" <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:06 PM
Subject: [bct] Re: router firewall?

I cannot speak from personal experience as I got my own kit when signing up with my ISP.

Their advertising campaign seems to indicate they offer you some sort of protection. More and more modem/router devices offer all sorts of interesting features - wireless connectivity, built-in fire walls, email alerts of any network intrusion attempts - the list goes on.

I have a BT router and it's got all of this stuff - although it wasn't provided by them as part of a subscription.

Hope that at least helps somewhat!

Sean R.
"May I ask what you're doing here?" "You may, but only a fool
would expect an answer." -- The Doctor and Orsini, in
"Revelation of the Daleks"
Email: sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx