[bct] response to graham's question about freedom box

  • From: "synthiagreenwell@xxxxxxxx" <synthiagreenwell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:11:41 GMT

Graham: freedom box is a thumb drive or cd rom for which you pay a 1 time fee
and you can use it on any computer as a screen reader. In addition, you pay a
monthly service fee to use their web browser and to host a website, blog and
personal newspaper (rss feeds) on the server space you are given for your
monthly fee. I have both the key to freedom and the cd rom pass key and they
both work fine. The screen reader does not yet work with microsoft excel or
microsoft access. but with the key to freedom or pass key you just put it on
the computer either by plugging in the thumb drive or putting the cd in the
drive and the program runs and you use it. Once you are finished and disconnect
your drive or take out the cd, it is as if you were never on the computer. It
is a great thing for me. Hope this helps.

Synthia M. Greenwell
Program Coordinator,
20/200 Fellowship, Inc.