[bct] Re: recording live concerts

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:00:38 -0600

While people may not be watching a list like BCT that closely for
copyright infringements, you can bet they will run you through the
monetary ringer if they catch you recording the concert.  Even on BCT
it's dangerous enough.  That's why I am not doing any talent samples
from people who are performing music that is copyrighted if they do not
have permission to use it.  Your own material is OK, and material you
have permission for is fine also, but nothing else.  And as for
recording a live concert for which you don't have permission, you'd
better have a very good lawyer and a lot of money.  I don't mean to be
harsh, but it's not a pretty picture and you need to know that.