[bct] Re: recording live concerts

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:35:14 -0600

You're going to be mighty lucky if they even let you in the hall with any
kind of recorder.  It's illegal to do what you're contemplating because it
violates what is known as "fair use" of the copy right protected material
which they created and own.  When you buy a CD of their's, you do not own
the music; rather, you only own the physical medium and a license to
privately use it.  Sorry to rain on your parade, but, that's what you're up
against nowadays.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax: