[bct] Re: recording live concerts

  • From: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:25:24 +1100

These days, the problem is the decision is normally not with the band,
but rather the recording company who are always worried about pirated
recordings and bootlegs etc. There are many bands who really don't
mind, but once you have signed a deal with the recording company, the
company rather than the band has most of the recording rights and as
we have seen witht he mp3 issues, recording companies are pretty
paranoid about their ownership these days.