[bct] recording live concerts

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:36:24 -0600

In March I am going to an Aerosmith-Cheap Trick concert. I know it
probably won't come out the greatest with an Olympus Ds-2, but I want
to record it anyway and see what I get. Here are my questions; which
microphone do you think would work best for something like that? My
choices are the SONY
ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone, or the Sound
Professional binaural microphones. Guess it had better be on dictation
rather than conference, right? And I imagine I'll have to go with the
64 KPBS instead of 128 if I want to get more than an hour of it.

And another question; I haven't been to a live concert in quite
sometime. Do they confiscate recorders?