[bct] recording

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:11:42 -0800

Hi all,
In addition to what Kai said, when I'm done recording I don't always go to the
top; most of what I record with Studio Recorder is an insert in a file, so I
just up arrow a few times to find the place just before the insert starts, then
trim the blank space out of the insert both at the beginning and the end of it.
You still know it's an insert but at least it doesn't have a lot of empty space
around it. I guess if you were recording from scratch you'd have to go to the
top. I usually record the file or files on the Olympus and do an insert to
gather them into the right locations and sequence in document1. It may not be
the best or easiest and you end up with files and pieces of stuff but I like
dicing and splicing, cutting and pasting and generally just fooling around.

Mary