[bct] reading versus downloading books from Web Braille

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:38:02 -0700

whether one is given the option of downloading volumes from the Web Braille collection or is simply shown the text of the volume in the browser is a matter of local computer settings. Perhaps a wiser person can advise how to change the settings, but for instance on my xp pro sp2 system using IE6, I am automatically offered to download the volumes. If instead, you are presented with the braille in a browser window, it is not difficult to copy the text into a text file with NoteTab, textPal or any other text editor, and give that file a name with a .brf extension.