[bct] random thoughts

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:54:02 -0800

We've got rain here in the San Jose, California area; not real heavy yet, but
I've been in and out a few times today and it's wet, regardless of how heavy
the rain is! Would you rather have that than snow?

I've spent a fair amount of cash on this podcasting hobby, more than I probably
should, and it's a relief that the recorders and software don't break easily
although I've heard of people who, unfortunately, ended up with defective
machines, through no fault of their own. I'm on pre-retirement leave and living
on savings for a year, so it's a relief to know the out-flow of cash for
podcasting is finished, at least I hope so. Once you get your equipment, you
can settle back and just start learning to use it. There will always be
features you won't need; that's true with software and equipment, but the
easiest thing to do is learn what you need as you go, and take time to do it
enough that it becomes second nature. The neat thing about digital recorders is
there's no tape and you can just pick up the machine and push record and if
everything is set up correctly, you can just start. But most of these machines
don't have extensive editing capability, so for that you have to upload the
file to the PC and use a sound editor of some type.