[bct] radio transmitter for the car

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:40:45 -0800

Hi, Dana. The item under discussion here is a portable fm transmitter which allows you to transmit sound from any device that has a headphone jack onto any fm radio frequency. We want to use it to listen to programming of more interest to us than what is on our radio dial, like a good Hawaiian music program for example that I would record in advance using TotalRecorder. You find a free spot on the fm dial, set the transmitter to that spot, plug in your favorite mp3 player, and listen on your fm radio. I was encouraged to hear from Bill that increasing the output of the CCrane unit does help make it work effectively.

Jonathan Mosen had a discussion concerning these units, available for listening on his web site, http://www.mosenexplosion.com/

You can find information  about the CCrane transmitter at www.ccrane.com