[bct] Re: radio stations, general comments

  • From: "Kristian Whawell" <kwhawell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:25:13 -0000

the thing I like about folk music is that it covers so many different styles, I have a few cds of that myself, I particularly like 3 cds I have by the levelers, I just love to be able to listen to those tunes, I particularly like the sort that have a sort of jiggy rhythm to them.

about the police radio thing, I was told when I was little it was illegal, but I don't know for sure, I know that when scanning the FM band now you don't get that sort of thing, because they have stepped up to higher frequencies. a radio ham friend of mine has what he calls a radio scanner, so but I don't know exactly what it is or how it works etc, perhaps those are legal in the UK if you are a ham? don't know I think it's used when he's checking to see who is on, rather than turn on his old valve set he has, by valve, I mean vacuum tubes for those of us unformiliar with the term valve in terms of electronics.