[bct] Re: radio and thermostat.

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:27:28 -0500

Neal, I will join you on the soap box, hope it has a large lid. I thought I was the only person who objected to public radio going to the talkies. I'm glad to find I'm in such august company...even if it is January.

I don't so much object when an interesting person or persons are being interviewed and informed callers phone in to add substantially to the conversation, but the caveats there are informed callers and adding substantially.

It is argued that such talk shows are the vox populii, problem being that each of the populii has their own vox and in total, they are a babble. Oh my, does that make the voice of the people Babylon? Perhaps that would make Congress the Whore of Babylon, he says donning his chain mail and running for cover.