[bct] Re: quick book port question

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:52:18 -0800

That wasn't quite what I was asking. My question was, without connecting the
book port, but with the compact flash card in the computer's card reader, it's
a lot faster to use the card reader like a big floppy disk, and then copy the
files and folders directly to the card itself. Using the book port's transfer
program is slow and awkward, and just cut and paste to the card directly is so
quick and easy. My question is, can the book port read the folders and files
that are already on the card? If I take a card with stuff on it, can I just
slide it into the book port and the book port reads it? Or do I absolutely have
to connect the book port to the PC in order for it to read the card? I have
cards with files on them that I stored on those cards three years ago when I
didn't even have a book port and I am not sure if it will read those cards.