[bct] question: how to convert .wav file to .mp3 format.

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 02:34:58 -0600

Hi everyone,

I have a short podcast I have prepared during the first week of January 2006
and would like to convert from .wav to .mp3. I am using Windows XP home with
Jaws for Windows version 7.0 with PacMate 40 braille display. I originally
recorded the file using note as the recording program which saved the file
as .wav format on the PacMate BX 40.

On my PC, I have Roxio Easy CD/dvd  Creator version 6 as a method for making
cd as well as Sound Forge originally created by Sonic Foundry which have
been changed over to Sony to make this product.

I have 1 gb of RAM with 160 gb hard drive with 3 gigahertz processor. I had
this system since March 2004.

This will be my second podcast I hope to upload before the end of this
month. Any suggestions out there?

I have already copied the file from my PacMate to PC and is waiting to
convert from .wav to .mp3. The only thing left to do before I convert the
file is to make a short intro file and figure out a way to combine the two
files as one complete file for the podcast.

I am trying to learn how to do it so that I can help Larry Skutchan save
time in converting the file for podcasting.

I look forward to everyone's podcasts.

If anyone have not check my web site in a while, you are in for a treat.

Check it out at http://home.satx.rr.com/lisahall.

I look forward to getting emails from everyone on the wonderful list of
Blind Cool Tech.

Take care.

Lisa Hall,

Former Consultant for Adaptive Technology for Northwest Vista College, a
college of the Alamo Community College District.

Web page: http://home.satx.rr.com/lisahall

Phone: (210) 829-4571

E-mail and MSN I.D.: lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx