[bct] question about FreedomBox

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:05:00 -0800

Hi list,

Disregard if you don't use FreedomBox.

I just signed up a couple days ago; I didn't purchase the software, but chose
the web interface; when I used the service briefly as a 30-day trial, I
downloaded and kept the software; when I signed up and tried the software I had
previously downloaded, it still worked, and still works today, although the
message about number of days remaining has gone away. Is the downloaded
software supposed to work, although I didn't actually purchase any software
when I signed up? If so, will it quit working after 30 days?

I find it highly objectionable that, if you buy the software, they need a
doctor to sign an authorization form. I know certain areas of the site are
copyrighted, but why don't they do what Bookshare does, and check with NLS to
ensure that you are really print-disabled?

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss