[bct] publicizing your podcast, and Jim Fidler's Podcast, and music

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:07:31 -0800

Hi all,

Has anyone on the list gotten brave and publicized their podcasts on any of the
directories or other web sites? I haven't gotten brave enough to even do it on
Libsyn yet. I guess I am nervous about what people would think. I wondered
about this since I've been buried in Republic of Avalon, Jim Fidler's podcast,
for a few days. I love the music and his sound seeing tours although the
constant life style of being on the go just isn't my style; anyway, he worked
on getting his voice out there and has thousands of people subscribing. He's
pretty outgoing anyway, which, at least in large groups of people, I'm not; I
like small groups of just a few people at a time, but it's amazing how people
are so drawn to his podcast and what he does. And the traditional music is
terrific! It is great how people can sit and listen to it and go to a place
just to hear the music. I think in the u.S. it's hard to find places like that,
and folk and traditional music just aren't played much any more. It's amazing
that the little companies that still record traditional music can stay afloat.

Just a few thoughts on a different topic.

Mary