[bct] Re: public domain

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:42:38 -0600

Lynnette and others, sorry if you get this twice.  My email has gone
whacko.

I found this link some time ago, but it is quite unusable, in my opinion
because of the following quote from the page.

"Inclusion on this list is NOT sufficient documentation that music is in
the
public domain.  Even if a song is PD, there may be arrangements of the
song still under copyright.

As Lynnette pointed out, they are trying to cover themselves, but in
doing so, they made themselves an unlikely source for proving anything
very tangible except in certain circumstances.

Neal