[bct] Re: public domain

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 04:13:42 -0000

Hi Tim,

You make good points here. If only copyright did the thing that's often used as an excuse for it - protecting the intellectual property of people who produce the stuff (music, books, innovative software, whatever). But of course, as often, it's a heyday for lawyers instead.

I put some buttons on an old web site I ran that changed the colour background with a click or a prang of the Enter key. All of it was done using ready made inventions such as HTML and Javascript. As a joke, I put a notice on there proclaiming "ColourFast(TM) Technology, copyright (my name)". Maybe if I had a show-biz lawyer they'd have made it a real deal. Well, it would be nice to get some rewards for something that I'd worked on, but I wish things could be kept in proportion!

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Cross" <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>