[bct] podcasting

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:53:20 -0800

Hi all,

It's late and I need to quit to be able to get up reasonably early tomorrow
since I have a grocery delivery and want to start holiday baking. I need to
check out copyright and stuff on the various podcast storage sites; am leaning
more toward libsyn but have also looked at ourmedia. I feel a bit more
comfortable with libsyn but I suppose there are good and bad aspects to each
site. I know there's a blind podcaster e-mail list someplace but not sure I
want to join anything else since BCT and the 4 or 5 other lists keep things
flowing just about right; not too hectic but plenty to keep things interesting.
So I will have to do a bit more checking; I'd rather not have somebody run off
with my stuff and claim it's theirs, but then it makes sense to just podcast
public domain stuff anyway. I like things to be rated G, so to speak, but still
get nervous about what people can use and how they can use it. I heard a scary
news story about how technology is so good now that they can take tiny snippets
and words from interviews, re-arrange them and make the person say something he
didn't really say. Somebody was doing that with John Lennon, of all people,
just taking sounds and phrases and words and combining them into things he
never really said, but it's in his own voice.

Ok, I'd better quit thinking about this. Why is it that at night it's so easy
to come up with this weird stuff! Tomorrow I'll have forgotten all about it or
think it's silly. But it isn't, really; there's a relevant point to it.

Mary