[bct] Re: podcast request for Debee

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:22:56 -0800

Pam and list,

Yes, losing hearing is difficult. When I found out my nerve deafness was permanent in my right ear, I went home and cried, just to get the stress and sadness out. It's been almost 30 years and although I, as well as Pam, would give anything to get full hearing restored, I've become used to things the way they are. I would imagine becoming blind, even if it's a gradual process, would be very similar. So much emphasis is put on adapting to the change, but I can imagine there must be a great deal of sadness involved; it's really a grieving process because you are dealing with a loss that in many cases cannot be restored to you.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss