[bct] podcast request for Debee

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:36:10 -0600

Hi Debee and list,

I bet I can speak for all of us when I say that your story of what it
was like for a congenitally blind person to have surgery in your
twenties resulting in sight albeit minimal for the first time would
make for a great podcast. Did you just have the transplant in one eye?
I'm assuming yes, since as I remember you have a prosthesis. What was
it like when you could see for the first time, and how were you able
to interpret what you saw? was it shadows, light, any objects, colors
or what? And if colors, how would you as a congenitally blind person
describe them in words that those of us who have never seen them would
understand? Or are there even words adequate enough? Probably not,
since there are hardly words that do any of our senses justice. The
entire story, background leading up to the decision to try the
surgery, expectations and outcome would be awesome. Get busy and get
on that, as if you aren't busy enough already, LOL. Seriously, it
would be great.