[bct] Re: podcast quality

  • From: "Mike" <mgpjcole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:23:44 -0700

MessageHi, I agree about the little things that can make for a good pod
cast. One of the things I have enjoyed about bi-naural mikes is simply that
I don't have them in my hands. I have traveled to other places and made many
recordings carrying a variety of single point stereo mikes and a dream I
have had has been that I could walk and move around in crowded conditions
without banging the microphone or changing my grip or even conducting the
sounds of my own foot steps along the cord and through my hand, let alone
putting everyone around me on notice that I am recording. My Audio-Technica
has a big old wind screen that leaves no doubt about what I'm packing.

A lot of pod casts are very well thought out, considering the spontaneous
nature of their scripting. The really organized ones flow well of course and
are very helpful when we're trying to learn things in sequence. And the ones
where we just hear people being themselves are fun too. The whole business
of podcasting has made legitimate what many of us have done for years, but
maybe never thought anyone else would be interested. Now with Blind Cool
Tech, we have a community of folks who like this kind of thing. I am a
teacher some of the time and I have been showing blind people of many ages
and so on BCT to rave reviews. It's like my dog trainer of many years ago,
forgive me for dropping a name, Stanley Doran turning us on to tape and, can
you believe it, stereo! God I'm old.

Neal, I really liked the ride in the Prius.

Mike Cole