[bct] podcast on microphone placement and technique?

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:41:12 -0600

I think I may have some time this Friday to start and hopefully finish a
podcast on microphone technique and placement.  I could use a number of
microphones in a number of stereo arrangements and see what people
think.  Of course, it would be more effective if I could do this outside
which is why on a recent podcast I mentioned doing it in the spring.
They are calling for snow here and temps in the teens.  However, I think
there may be people who mike like to hear the different sounds of
particular microphones and I suppose I could figure out something to
record that would make use of the stereo spectrum.  If all else fails, I
could interview myself and keep moving from the interviewer's chair to
the chair of the person being interviewed.  Hmmm, that would be an
interesting way to do a career podcast, but I think that will have to
wait.  Anyway, if people are interested in this, let me know.