[bct] Re: podcast and other stuff

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:29:16 -0800

That was a great podcast, very enjoyable and thought provoking. I am sure a lot
of people can relate to your wild travel experiences! The chimes used for
separating topics are so lovely, and I love the music you added. Did you do
that with sound layering or multi-tracking? I would guess Sound Forge lets you
add a recording to another recording, or put music in the background while
you're recording your discussion. I am looking at wave pad; I think that's the
name of the program I downloaded. Is anyone else using that? I've got a project
in mind which would require sound layering. I thought it would be fun to read
the story of the nutcracker (am waiting for the book from Seedlings braille
books); it's about 78 braille pages, but I thought that in addition to just
reading it, why not put music from the Nutcracker ballet behind the appropriate
parts of the book? It might work out, and it might not, but it sure looks like
it would be fun to do, and I'd need to do sound layering so things could be
properly timed. I could do it with a mixer but it would be sort of a mess, and
sort of hit and miss.

We'll see what happens, but let's hope something does; at least it can get
started. If the book turns out to not be what I think it will be, then at least
it was an idea. But wouldn't it be fun to finally do a sound seeing tour of
what everybody sees performed every year? Why should all of us blind folks be
left out of the fun?

Any thoughts from any of you are most welcome of course. And thanks a bunch!