[bct] Re: optacon

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:35:52 -0600

I used the Optacon out in Pennsylvania and liked it a lot. I also used something called a VersaBraille. This was a rather large piece of equipment, which contained a Braille writer style keyboard. It had a small Braille display screen with a bar above the screen for advancing to the next line. There was also a cassette player built in to the machine, and buttons for going forward and back by page, paragraph, etc. and volume and speed controls. However, nobody here in the Chicago area seems to have ever even heard of the VersaBraille or the Optacon. Or if they have they've not said anything.